CyberSession / CS-Research is a VR simulation software for conducting interactive virtual experiments. The simulation software controls VR simulations, processes measurement and interface data, and allows full control over the presented content. Application examples for empirical research with VR › are presented on the overview page CyberSession.Info ›.
CyberSession / CS-Expo enables the execution of confrontation exercises with fear-inducing virtual worlds. Application examples are presented under Exposure exercises with VR › on the information portal CyberSession.Info ›.
CyberSession VR simulations can be viewed via a head-mounted display or projection systems using one or more distributed rendering computers. To interact with the virtual world, CS-Research processes input from tracking systems and input devices. The processed data can be stored for later analysis. Additionally, external devices can be controlled, e.g. to stimulate or record physiological reactions.
CS-Research can be controlled via scripts (ECMA-, Java-Script). This allows the creation of automated scenarios as well as standardized experimental procedures.
For optimal performance of the simulation software, the use of certified simulation hardware (simulation and rendering computers) and VR technology is recommended.
CyberSession CS Research Features
- Sequence control of the VR session and control of the VR simulation
- Selection of simulation segments and conditions by the trial instructor.
- Automated processes with activation of events and transmission of markers
- Programmable touchscreen menu control (CS-Remote) for usage via USB or WLAN, for iOS tablet or Windows APP
- Data capturing and log file generation for
- Position and orientation of the sensors (tracking), eye tracking
- Input device data
- User navigation
- Interaction controller
- Joystick, gamepad, steering wheel with pedals, Spacemouse
- Recorded movement paths
- Tracking (position and orientation data for head, rigid body and eye tracking)
- VrSessionModUDK UnrealEngine Tracking
- VRPN (4 x 6 DOF), used with: PhaseSpace Impulse, ioTracker
- Polhemus FASTRACK (4 x 6 DOF), Patriot (2 x 6 DOF), G4 (up to 4 x 6DOF wireless) Minuteman (1 x 3 DOF), eMagin Z800 (3 DOF)
- Arrington Eyetracking
- NaturalPoint OptiTrack
- Legacy I/O LPT input, output
- Query of external switches and interaction elements
- Control of additional devices (e.g. stimulus generators) and sending of markers
- Rendering-Clients for graphics output:
- VrSessionModUDK UnrealEngine4 Plugin
- VrSessionMod Source Engine 2013 Multiplayer Modifikation
- VRML 2.0 Simulations
- Support of multi-channel projection systems with stereoscopic display (CS-Research-MP)
- Display by means of mono- or stereoscopic head-mounted display (CS-Research-HMD)
- OPTION MotionSimulation: Control of 6-DOF and 2-DOF motion simulators: KMW Micro-Motion-System (6 DOF), VC-M2 (2 DOF), connection of individual APIs on request
- OPTION fMRT: Interface for R signal synchronization
- OPTION VrFeedback: Interface for selected feedback systems to control VR visualization
- CyberSession version with support for multi-channel projection systems with stereoscopic display
- additionally a corresponding number of Image Generator licenses is required
- CyberSession version for conducting virtual exposure exercises.
- offers the same range of functions as CS-Research Lab, but is limited to supporting the components and modules supplied and activated in the system offer
- enables the standardized description of an experimental paradigm
- elementary experiment sequences can be created without detailed knowledge of a specific programming language
- enables processing of the viewing point while the simulation is running
- generates events for hit zones, which can be used for direct interaction with the simulation
- eye tracking data is additionally stored for subsequent evaluation
- enables processing of selected biosignals and provides direct feedback to the virtual world
The software is made available to the licensee via download on the Internet after signing the contract, unless it is already delivered pre-installed due to the purchase of a system offer. CyberSession CS-Research is protected by a hardware-based copy protection and must be activated on a simulation computer during commissioning. Dongle and license key are delivered separately.
Licensing takes place in one of the two usage variants
I) Laboratory license in the form of a single-user license and
II) Developer license, in the form of a multi-user license. For multi-user licenses a license server can be used optionally.
The Laboratory License allows the Licensee to use the Software for data collection and presentation of VR simulations as well as development work.
The single user license allows the licensee to install the software on a single computer, provided that this computer meets the specification for a VT+LAB VR simulation system. If the laboratory license is installed on a computer that does not meet this specification, the provisions on warranty and exclusion of liability according to the „General Terms and Conditions of VTplus GmbH for the Sale of VR Systems“ underlying the sale of the software between licensor and licensee do apply.
The developer license allows the licensee to use the software exclusively for creating content and testing the created simulations.
The multi-user license allows the licensee to install the software on multiple computers. However, only as many users as licenses are available can use the software at the same time. A developer license is delivered with a dongle by default. Optionally, the provision of network licenses via a license server is possible.
On request, we offer a price-reduced license for exclusive research use. The research license entitles the licensee to use the software exclusively for internal research purposes. It does not entitle the licensee to use the software as an instrument for further business purposes (such as consulting or other services) or for the creation of solutions for third parties against payment or free of charge. Any commercial use, especially for production, sales, consulting or acquisition purposes is prohibited. In this case, the purchase of a commercial license is required.