CyberSession / CS-Research is a VR-simulation software designed to perform interactive virtual experiments. The simulation software controls VR-simulations, process measurement and interface data and enables complete control over the presented contents.
The output of the VR-simulation takes place via head-mounted-display or a projection system with the help of one or distributed rendering computers. In order to interact with the virtual world CS-research processes the input of tracking systems and input devices. Processed data can be stored for later analysis. Additionally external devices can be controlled, to e.g. stimulate or record the physiological reactions.
CS-research can be controlled via scripts (ECMA-, Java-Script). That way automatic scenarios as well as standardized experimental procedures can be constructed.
For optimal functioning of the simulation software the use of certified simulation hardware (simulation and rendering computer) and VR-technology is advised.
CyberSession Features (CS-Research / CS-Expo / HMD / Projection)
- Process control of the VR-session
- Selection of simulation segments and conditions via the examiner.
- Automated procedures including the activation of events and the conveying of markers.
- Data collection and the generation of log files for
- Position and orientation of the sensors
- Data of the input devices
- Navigation of the user
- Joystick, gamepad, steering wheel with pedals, space mouse
- Recorded motion paths
- Tracking (position und orientation data for head, rigid body and eye tracking)
- VRPN (4 x 6 DOF)
- Polhemus FASTRACK (4 x 6 DOF), Patriot (2 x 6 DOF), Minuteman (1 x 3 DOF), eMagin Z800 (3 DOF)
- Arrington Eyetracking
- Legacy I/O LPT input, output
- Detection of external switch and interaction elements
- Control of additional devices (e.g. stimulus generators) and transfer of markers
- Rendering-clients for graphic output:
- Support of multichannel projection systems with stereoscopic projection (CS-Research-MP)
- Presentation via mono- or stereoscopic head mounted display (CS-research-MP)
- Control of the VrSessionMod in order to display HL-2 maps
- Display of VRML 2.0 simulations
- MotionSimulation, Control of 6-DOF and 2-DOF motion simulators:
- KMW Micro-Motion-System (6 DOF)
- VC-M2 (2 DOF)
- CyberSession version supporting multichannel projection systems with stereoscopic projection CyberSession
- Additionally an appropriate amount of image generator licenses is required
- Version to run virtual exposition exercises
- Provides the same range of features as CS-Research Lab, is limited however to the support of the components and modules delivered and activated with the system offer.
- Enables the standardized description of an experimental paradigm.
- Elementary experiment procedures can be created without detailed knowledge of a specific programming language
- Enables processing of the visual focus during simulation
- Generates events for target areas, which can be used for direct interaction with the simulation
- Eye tracking data is stored for post hoc analysis
- Enables processing of selected bio signals and immediate feedback to the virtual world.
The software is made available to the licensee after signing the contract via download on the internet, provided is has not been delivered beforehand due to the purchase of a system-offer. CyberSession CS-Research is provided with a hardware based copy protection and must be activated on a simulation computer during startup procedures. Dongle and License Key will be delivered separately.
Licensing is provided in one of the following options:
- Laboratory license, in form of a single user license.
- Development license, in form of a multiple user license. Optionally a license server may be used for multiple user licenses.
A laboratory license allows the licensee to use the software for data collection and presentation of the VR-simulations as well as development work.
The single user license permits the licensee to install the software on one computer, provided this computer fulfills the specifications for a VT+LAB VR-simulations system. Is the laboratory license installed on a computer that does not fulfill the specifications, the regulations concerning the caveat emptor and the disclaimer of liability apply according to the “Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen der VTplus GmbH für den Verkauf von VR-Systemen” accepted with the purchase of the software between licensor and licensee.
Development licenses allow the licensee to use the software exclusively to generate content and test the created simulations.
The multiple user licenses permit the licensee to install the software on multiple computers.
However the amount of licenses limits the simultaneous usage of the software. A development license is delivered with a dongle by default. Optionally the deployment of network licenses via a license server is possible.
Upon request we offer a discounted license for research only. The research license entitles the licensee to use the software exclusively for internal research purposes. It does not entitle the licensee to use the software for further business purposes (like e.g. advisory or other services) or to develop solutions for third parties in return for payment or free of charge. Any commercial use, especially production, distribution, advisory or acquisition purposes is prohibited. In this case the purchase of a commercial license is required.